Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Buckets of Hope

Believe it or not, I have not been that sore since my fall off of the treadmill.  I went back to the Y on Monday and I did put the safety clip on.  I've never seen anyone use it, but I will from now on.

We've enjoyed watching the Olympics in the evenings.  I just can't image anyone moving like they do down the slopes or the ice skating!

We had a beautiful weekend. The weather was warm, but it has changed.  It is cold.  It's that time of year it switches back and forth.  Laurie and Brett called this morning.  They are on a cruise and they called from Key West, FL.  Laurie was wearing sandals and capri's.

Tennessee Baptist Disaster Relief are doing Buckets of Hope for Haiti.  Howard and I decided to do a bucket and our Sunday School class is putting one together also.  We looked at several stores on Saturday for the white 5 gallon buckets.  It seems Wal Mart has been sold out.  So many people have responded to this need.  We finally found a smaller hardware store that still had some.  We had very specific instructions on what to put in the bucket and how to pack it. This is so it will pass through customs quickly.
 
These are the items that will fit into the bucket.
I think I read somewhere that this will feed a family in Haiti for a week.  The buckets will be very useful to them also.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to find the bucket. It doesn't look like a lot for a family for a week. I am thankful for all that we can grow.

    I am also glad that you haven't been that sore. Does the safety clip stop the machine?

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete