Monday, February 1, 2010

We have not had school here since last Thursday. Tomorrow there is still no school. The rural roads are just too dangerous to put buses out on them. Because there is no school my Community Bible Study will not be meeting tomorrow morning.

I finished a book today titled, "same kind of different as me". Larry recommended it to me and a friend at church loaned me a copy. It is amazing what happens when one woman listens to God and does what He wants her to. If you get a chance to read it I would highly recommend it.

One of my favorite songs right now is: My Hope is in the Lord. The Tally Trio has a recording of it. I've been hearing it on the radio and got it on i tunes for my i pod. I'm going to put the words here for it.

My Hope is in the Lord

Verse 1
They heard God say, have you considered my servant Job
He’s one who’s faithful in all that he knows
Job lost his family, his land and all his wealth
When he wouldn’t curse God, Job lost his health
Job’s cries could be heard from the ashes where he lay
Through the pain and sorrow Job had to say

Chorus
My hope is in the Lord
I will trust in Him, and Him alone
Though death knocks at my door
My hope is in the Lord

Verse 2
He sat in the chair as the doctor broke the news
It could be a week, a month or maybe two
The cancer has spread, death will find its way
There’s nothing we can do, there’s nothing I can say
Then the young man raised his trembling hands
As his eyes filled with tears
And you could hear him softly say, through the pain and the fear

Chorus

My hope is in the Lord
I will trust in Him, and Him alone
Though death knocks at my door
My hope is in the Lord

Bridge
Though fear surrounds me and it seems there is no hope
There’s one thing I’m sure of
There’s one thing that I know

Chorus

My hope is in the Lord
I will trust in Him, and Him alone
Though death knocks at my door
My hope is in the Lord

1 comment:

  1. That is a good song. I was able to listen to it on youtube.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete