Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I have never done corn beef and cabbage before.  I have had a corn beef in the crock pot since this morning.  It is smelling good.  I will add the cabbage in a little bit and we can have that for supper.

I looks like I'm only getting to this blog about once a week.  Oh, well, at least I am doing that.  My toe has not been real sore.  It's a little tender, but not bad.  It is healing nicely.

I finished another puzzle Tues night.  You would think that is all I have done, wouldn't you?  This is another one that Howard gave me for Christmas.  It was a lot of fun to do.



I thought it might be a little hard with all the green, but it really wasn't.  I think I have one more puzzle left to do.  I won't get to it right away.

Our church has hired a new youth, associate pastor.  I went over Sat morning with some people from the church and we cleaned the house they are renting.  Howard and I took the refrigerator all apart and cleaned it up.  You know how a refrigerator can get.  I guess the last renter had really thrashed the place.  It was all newly painted, new carpeting and new floors in the kitchen and baths now.  We also did a "pounding" and filled the pantry.  It was pretty full the last time I looked.  They moved up from Southern Mississippi on Monday night.  Several of us when over and unloaded the truck when it got there and helped set up things.  Joey and Monica have three little girls, 3 yrs, 18 months and a one month.  She was born by C-section, so Monica has to watch what she lifts. Howard also made cinnamon rolls for them to have for breakfast and a lemon meringue pie.

Howard and I have decided to head up a team to go back to Thailand in Sept.  I think we have two other couples that are praying about going with us.  It will be a lot of work, but is also rewarding to work with the missionary children.

Laurie spend a few days down here last week.  It was good to spend some time with her and she got a much needed R & R.



No comments:

Post a Comment