Saturday, March 6, 2010

March is here

Where does the time go?  We have been so busy and spring is just around the corner.  We have beautiful sunshine today and the temp is 56 degrees.

We had lots of company this week.  My cousin Butch and his wife stopped through on their way to Florida and on their way home this week.  It was good to spend time with them.  We also had my cousin, Cookie's daughter and family stay with us.  Gerson and Betsy and Jayden are traveling and visiting family and friends.  They are in the process of raising their support. They will be working with the gang youth at the Texas and Mexico border town of McAllen, TX. We sure enjoyed their stay with us. Betsy spoke to our ladies mission group at church and then we had some friends in one night and they gave their testimonies.  Gerson made a us a batch of Bolivian Peanut Soup.  It was delicious!

 
It looks like a milk base soup, but the base is raw peanuts blended with water. It had lots of veggies in the soup and then when you eat it you put very small fried potato sticks in it.  Yummy.

 
Betsy        Jayden      Gerson
We also had Larry, Rachel and the boys into supper last night.  Charlie and Marge Wilson came also. They are friends that we have met through Larry and Rachel.  We made black beans and yellow rice for dinner.

I got my new hearing aides this week.  I really like them.  I didn't know at first if I really wanted the kind that fits over the ear, but these are quite small and are not really noticeable. I do hear  much better with them.  They have blue tooth capabilities, so if I choose, I can wear the sound gate around my neck and then when I talk on the cell phone, I hear in both ears.  I also have an adapter that I use with  the TV and it uses blue tooth to play the sound into my ears.  

 
This is the hearing aide.  I have a ear mold that fits it the ear. It is flesh color and you really don't notice it.  The hearing aide itself fits behind the ear.

 
This is the sound gate.  I can use it also for my i pod and listen to music using blue tooth.  How neat is that?  I'm very thankful that we were able to get this for me at this time.

I did finish another puzzle.  This is one I borrowed from Howard's sister, Miriam.  Actually she gave it to a friend and I borrowed it from Carolyn.  It is a picture of a people zoo.  The people are in the cages and the animals are walking around looking in on them.  It was a lot of fun doing it. 
 

I am working on another one now that is a duzzy.  If I get it done, I will post a picture, but it won't be right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment