Thursday, March 11, 2010

Toe Surgery (ingrown toenail)

I went to the podiatrist this morning. I did have the surgery done on my toe. He numbed it first and then he cut off both sides of the nail. He said this should help from having the toenail curve around. Maybe it will flatten out. He also clipped the end and he sent everything in for a culture. He says it looks like fungus infection, but he wants to make sure that is what it is. I have been treated for it with 2 -3 rounds of treatment. He said he would not use that medication again. Most of the time that takes care of it. He will wait until the culture comes back to decide. I will take the bandage off tonight. He says that I can go ahead and shower and just dress it. We got a heavy duty antibiotic cream from him that I will put on it every day when I dress it. He told me to just go ahead with my usual activities, but maybe take it easy today and tomorrow. I will hold off on going to the Y until next week. My primary care Dr has started me on an antibiotic medication on Tues, so he said that was great.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Ingrown toenail surgery is quick and painless and generally you can be be back to your normal activities within a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete