Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Dad started out with low carb waffles that I really like.  Howard mixed fresh raspberries, blackberries and strawberries together.  I put that on the waffle and topped with fat free cool whip.  Yummy.

After church we went over to Larry's house.  He has a group of friends that get together for Mother's Day every year and the guys do all the grilling and cooking and the kids help with the clean up.  This is the 3rd year we have been invited to join them.  Larry ask Howard to bake pies, so he spent Saturday baking 11 pies.  Two of the pies were for Mark's birthday on Sat night.




He made pumpkin, lemon meringue, rhubarb, cherry and strawberry and  raspberry rhubarb. 

When we came home in the late afternoon we put together a cabinet that I stained, finished and painted for our bathroom.  I wanted more storage in there.  I think it blends in well with the cabinets that were already there.


Howard got me some beautiful roses on Saturday/  I divided them up and put them different places in the house.  He also got me a new book and a couple of flags for my holder outside.






I talked to the kids and I called Mom.  It was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. That book is really good. I just finished it and can't wait for the second book to come out. I got it from the library

    The roses are beautiful.

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete