Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Around Home

Howard decided to mow the lawn today.  It really needed it.  A neighbor had mowed while we were gone, but it really needed it again.  We wanted to mulch around the trees and couldn't do that until Howard mowed.


 Cheryl had giving us some hollyhock seeds.  I planted them and they never came up, but a seed must have landed at the edge of our patio, or a bird carried it and I have a hollyhock plant there.  It's a funny place for a plant, but I will leave it.






The girls from International Friends, had given me this orchid.  I really thought it was dead.  It just had a couple of sticks sticking up on it.  I was ready to throw it out and I saw it had some buds on it.  This is what it looks like now!

We noticed that a bird had built a nest on our wood pile out back.  I got a picture of her before she flew off.  I was getting too close.




No comments:

Post a Comment