Monday, June 24, 2013

Michigan - Mom's Celebration of Life

Friday evening my sister, Mary Jean invited everyone out to her lake house so we could all be together.  I think there were 56 of us there.  My brother, Jim had brought the things Mom had left in Montana, so we could go through them and see what we wanted.

 My Dad loved to do wood working.  These are some the the boxes that he had made.
This is the dresser that Mom and Dad bought when I was born.  Mom had told me that she wanted me to have it.  I will put it in Mom's room when we get home.  It will mean a lot to me.  After the children went through Mom's things the grandkids all came out and took what they wanted.
We had a good evening sitting around and talking with everyone.
  
We left with Matt and Amy.  Laurie and Brett were not far behind us.  When we got on the highway heading home we saw a car on the side of the road and we ran over some of the debris. It wasn't long after that, that I got a call from Laurie to come back and get them.   Two deer had gone in front of Brett and they totaled the rental car.  Somehow they had gotten ahead of us (gone a different way) and that was the car that we passed.  We were so thankful that no one was hurt.  It was good it was a rental car that was damaged instead of one of ours!

Saturday we had a Celebration of Life Service for Mom  We had about 150 people there.  It was such a good service and I loved hearing people share about Mom's influence on others lives.



After the service we had a reception so we could talk to everyone, then the family all went to a park.  We spend the evening talking.  We had a meal brought in and was a perfect way to end the evening.


These are Mom's children.  Becky, Judie, Mary Jean, Dan, Ann and Jim

Mom has two brothers and two sisters still living.  Three of them were there.

Aunt Mary Jo, Uncle Jerry and Aunt Jeanne.  Uncle Bill was not able to come but his two daughters were there.  How blessed I am to have that many aunts and uncles still living.

No comments:

Post a Comment